Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my “things I’m thankful for” list every year. It’s hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2015 and am thankful for.
- THE BOOK THIEF, by MARKUS ZUSAK: Okay, so I’m technically cheating with this one. We all know I first read it two years ago. BUT I reread it this year and HELLO how do I make a list like this and NOT put The Book Thief on there?
- AND THEN THERE WERE NONE, by AGATHA CHRISTIE: This book completely introduced me to the wonderful side of murder mysteries! I’m hooked now.
- CALLED FOR LIFE, by KENT AND AMBER BRANTLY: I honestly don’t need to explain this. This book is raw and beautiful.
- THE SWORD AND THE SONG, by C.E. LAUREANO: This book is just so beautiful. And awful. AND GO READ IT. (but read the first two books first)
- TRUEST, by JACKIE LEA SOMMERS: This book was just so, so good!
I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to another great year of reading! Speaking of more reading, here’s one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 27-30. There’s literally something for everyone. Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you. Don’t know what to pick? The fearless Indie Christian Books team created a quiz that will generate a book list perfect for you! Check it out!
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?